Re: about remove all default modules - SNMP

This is a discussion on Re: about remove all default modules - SNMP ; 2008/6/10 Tewen Hsieh : > If I want to compile without all default modules, how can I do? configure --enable-mini-agent That will include the bare minimum to provide a working agent. You can then include any extra modules using '--with-mib-modules" ...

  1. Re: about remove all default modules

    2008/6/10 Tewen Hsieh :
    > If I want to compile without all default modules, how can I do?

    configure --enable-mini-agent

    That will include the bare minimum to provide a working agent.
    You can then include any extra modules using '--with-mib-modules"

    Dave

  2. Re: about remove all default modules

    2008/6/23 Tewen Hsieh :
    > If I want to remove it, I just need to use "configure --enable-mini-agent
    > --with-out-mib-modules=mibII/system_mib"?

    Why waste time asking me?
    Just try it.

    Dave

  3. Error while starting sub-agent

    Hi,

    I have developed a sub-agent (example-subagen) and it was working
    properly. But due to some problems, I have to create build environment
    on another system.

    When I compiled my sub-agent again on the new system (with out any
    changes) and executed the sub-agent, I am getting the following error:

    $./example-subagent&
    ../example-subagent: symbol lookup error: /usr/lib/libnetsnmp.so.10:
    undefined symbol: RAND_bytes

    Any one please do let me know what is the reason for this and how do I
    avoid this.

    Note: When I have compiled the same code in the previous build-system,
    it is again working fine. In the both the machines, I am using
    "net-snmp-5.3.2.2" package downloaded from the internet.

    Regards,
    Bhuvan

  4. AW: Error while starting sub-agent

    Hi,

    it looks like there are two different libs envolved. Maybe the second system had another installation of net-snmp already installed (from a package)?

    When I compiled my sub-agent again on the new system (with out any
    changes) and executed the sub-agent, I am getting the following error:

    $./example-subagent&
    ../example-subagent: symbol lookup error: /usr/lib/libnetsnmp.so.10:
    undefined symbol: RAND_bytes

    Any one please do let me know what is the reason for this and how do I
    avoid this.
    * * *
    Hirschmann Automation and Control GmbH, Neckartenzlingen
    Register court: Stuttgart, Trade register No.: HRB 225927
    VAT No.: DE 814 212 604
    Managing Director: Dr. Wolfgang Babel

  5. RE: Error while starting sub-agent

    Hi,

    It has net-snmp version installed on it (which comes with the operating system). But I have uninstalled it and then installed the source code of net-snmp which I have downloaded from internet.

    Even then it is giving the same error.

    Regards,
    Bhuvan

    it looks like there are two different libs envolved. Maybe the second system had another installation of net-snmp already installed (from a package)?

    When I compiled my sub-agent again on the new system (with out any
    changes) and executed the sub-agent, I am getting the following error:

    $./example-subagent&
    ../example-subagent: symbol lookup error: /usr/lib/libnetsnmp.so.10:
    undefined symbol: RAND_bytes

    Any one please do let me know what is the reason for this and how do I
    avoid this.
    * * *
    Hirschmann Automation and Control GmbH, Neckartenzlingen
    Register court: Stuttgart, Trade register No.: HRB 225927
    VAT No.: DE 814 212 604
    Managing Director: Dr. Wolfgang Babel

  6. Re: Error while starting sub-agent

    bl> $./example-subagent&
    bl> ./example-subagent: symbol lookup error: /usr/lib/libnetsnmp.so.10:
    bl> undefined symbol: RAND_bytes

    compile it with the -lcrypto library too.
    --
    Wes Hardaker
    Sparta, Inc.