Hello,

I am just concerned about how to add a new socket fd for socket communication with alarm Application to existing fd list netsnmp is listening for.

Manager
Alarm Application ======Agent

For this i tried :

main()
{
init_agent("snmpV3Agent");
init_currentAlarmTable();
init_snmp("snmpV3Agent");
... .
//start listning for client
listener = socket(AF_INET, SOCK_STREAM, 0);
bind(listener, (struct sockaddr *)&myaddr, sizeof(myaddr));
listen(listener, 10)

while()
{
snmp_select_info(&numfds, &read_fds, NULL, 0);
select(numfds,&read_fds,0,0,NULL)
if (FD_ISSET(listener , &read_fds))
{
//accept when ready to be read
newfd = accept(listener, (struct sockaddr *)&remoteaddr,&addrlen)

//myfunction1 --->reads the data add it to queue and forward to manager as a TRAP
register_readfd(&numfds,(*myfunction1),NULL);
}
}

}

or it is that i just need to call snmp_select_info() with readfds containing my new socket fd and just call register_readfd() and i not even need to check for FD_ISSET(). This will automatically accept the connection when the fd is ready to be read and in the function pointer(call back method) i can write the code to extract the data.

Is it. Please do reply if i am wrong anywhere.

Thanks