Support for lm-sensors - SNMP

This is a discussion on Support for lm-sensors - SNMP ; Hi, what exactly do I need to support the lm-sensors mib? I have an embedded device (alix 2c3, a board with the AMD geode processor) running a linux based in a 2.6 kernel. Is it enough to have the kernel ...

  1. Support for lm-sensors

    Hi,

    what exactly do I need to support the lm-sensors mib?

    I have an embedded device (alix 2c3, a board with the AMD geode processor)
    running a linux based in a 2.6 kernel. Is it enough to have the kernel
    modules? I think they are i2c-core, i2c-dev, lm90 and scx200_acb, or do I
    also need some programs, e.g. sensors?

    I am using netsnmp 5.3.2.

    Thanks in advance

    -Karl

  2. Re: Support for lm-sensors

    2008/6/7 Karl Weber :
    > what exactly do I need to support the lm-sensors mib?
    >
    > I have an embedded device (alix 2c3, a board with the AMD geode processor)
    > running a linux based in a 2.6 kernel. Is it enough to have the kernel
    > modules? I think they are i2c-core, i2c-dev, lm90 and scx200_acb, or do I
    > also need some programs, e.g. sensors?

    You need the sensors library (/usr/lib/libsensors.{a,so})
    You also need to configure the lm_sensors module into the agent.

    You shouldn't need the command-line programs.

    Dave

  3. Re: Support for lm-sensors

    Karl Weber wrote:
    > what exactly do I need to support the lm-sensors mib?
    >
    > I have an embedded device (alix 2c3, a board with the AMD geode processor)
    > running a linux based in a 2.6 kernel. Is it enough to have the kernel
    > modules? I think they are i2c-core, i2c-dev, lm90 and scx200_acb, or do I
    > also need some programs, e.g. sensors?

    Temporarily installing the "sensors" tool would be an easy way to find out whether lm-sensors properly reports values for your hardware. Once it does, net-snmp (if built with lm-sensors support) should happily fill the lm-sensors mib. It won't need the "sensors" tool during runtime.

    +Thomas

  4. Re: Support for lm-sensors

    > You need the sensors library (/usr/lib/libsensors.{a,so})
    > You also need to configure the lm_sensors module into the agent.
    >
    > You shouldn't need the command-line programs.

    Hi,
    I've got both lm-sensors and net-snmp running fine, net-snmp was
    compiled with the sensors mod but still no joy...
    How exacly can I "configure the lm_sensors module into the agent" ?

    Bas

+ Reply to Thread