On ons, 2008-05-14 at 15:52 +0800, Tewen Hsieh wrote:
> Hi,
> What is the difference between "--disable-shared" and
> "--with-ldflags=-Bstatic" in configure phase?

--disable-shared tells configure that you don't want to build any shared

-Bstatic tells the linker that you don't wish to link against any static

As I think you are using some gcc version I should try with

> I tried these two options, but it still asked me to install
> libcrypto.so.0.9.7.
> Even I used these two options at the same time, it still asked for
> libcrypto.so.0.9.7.

Do you have a static version of libcrypto available?

> I am really confused.

> But in my work, I can't see any difference between them. In fact, I
> even don't know why libcrypto.so.0.9.7 is needed when I use these two
> options in configure phase. Could someone help me to understand this?

It is needed for the snmpv3 code.

Net-snmp-coders mailing list