>>OK - so install the perl modules (manually) into a suitable location,
>>and tweak the @INC search list to look there.

Could you please explain in more detail. Are you referring to fiddling
with Make file?

>>Being root is nessary for an automatic install of the Net-SNMP perl modules
>>(and hence for running anything that relies on these, like mib2c).
>>It is not necessary for a private install of the rest of the Net-SNMP suite.

Is there a way to install PERL module separately as a non-root user?
so that I can install Net-SNMP(minus PERL module - I have done this
already) which complement each other to produce a complete Net-SNMP?
If so could you please explain how to go about it?