2008/5/9 Raghavendra Prasad :
>> Or else tweak the top-level Makefile to remove "perlinstall" from
>> the OTHERINSTALL list.

> This works, but at the cost of disfunctional mib2c.

OK - so install the perl modules (manually) into a suitable location,
and tweak the @INC search list to look there.

> May I conclude that being root user is a necessity to install Net-SNMP?

Being root is nessary for an automatic install of the Net-SNMP perl modules
(and hence for running anything that relies on these, like mib2c).
It is not necessary for a private install of the rest of the Net-SNMP suite.

Dave