> The easiest fix would probably be to drop perl from the build
> altogether. Try
> configure --without-perl-modules
> make
> make install

The --without-perl-modules option had no impact, the old problem persisted

> Or else tweak the top-level Makefile to remove "perlinstall" from
> the OTHERINSTALL list.

This works, but at the cost of disfunctional mib2c. I use mib2c
extensively to generate code-framework(or literally entire code).

May I conclude that being root user is a necessity to install Net-SNMP?

Many thanks for your replies and concern.

Use priority code J8TL2D2.
Net-snmp-users mailing list