2008/5/9 Tewen Hsieh :
> I have tried --disable-shared in my configure phase.
> ./configure --disable-shared --target=mips-linux
> --with-cc=mips2_fp_be-gcc --host=mips --with-endianness=big
> --prefix=/not/usr/ --with-install-prefix=/tmp
> But it still shows "./snmpd: error while loading shared libraries:
> libcrypto.so.0.9.7: cannot open shared object file: No such file or
> directory.

Which versions of the crypto library do you have installed?
What does "locate libcrypto" report?

If it doesn't mention 'libcrypto.a', then you may need to install
the openssl-devel RPM (or similar).

> Parameter "--disable-shared" seems unuseful!

The linker can only link in the static libraries that it can find.
If you don't have a static version of the crypto library available,
then it will have to use the dynamic version.

Use priority code J8TL2D2.
Net-snmp-coders mailing list