2008/5/8 Sathasivam, Elayaraja :
> Please note I am not using two different version.

Not two versions of the software
Two versions of SNMP requests.

The working command used SNMPv2c,
the failing one used SNMPv1.

It was never likely that this would be relevant, but it was worth checking.

> 1)$snmpgetnext -v 1 -c public localhost system
> SNMPv2-MIB::sysDescr.0 = ....
> 2)$snmpgetnext -v 1 -c public localhost sysORUpTime.8
> HOST-RESOURCES-MIB::hrSystemUptime.0 = ....
> 3)$snmpgetnext -v 1 -c public localhost versiontag
> Error in packet.
> Reason: (noSuchName) There is no such variable name in this MIB.
> Failed object: UCD-SNMP-MIB::versionTag

Yup - that's pretty much what I expected.

This is definitely an access control problem.

> 6) Any thing I need to update the following file ?
> $ cat /etc/cups/snmp.conf
> #Address @LOCAL
> #Community public
> #DebugLevel 0
> #HostNameLookups off

Nope. That file is not relevant here.

What is the output from 'cat /etc/snmp/snmpd.conf' ?

Use priority code J8TL2D2.
Net-snmp-users mailing list