--===============1015016111==

--_000_4E23C25C25B2A848A7E71742E9420B4303AD009597GUR EXMB01ASIA_

I have developed my SNMP Agent using EMANATE Sub-Agent Development Kit vers=
ion 16.1.0.10. I am facing some problem with it. I have developed the MIB u=
sing SMIv2 and I use SNMPv3 for communication. The problem is that on setti=
ng DisplayString type of MIB Objects to a String of size greater than or le=
ss than range provided in MIB, I receive a commitFailed error even though m=
y subagent is returning wrongLength error. For example, if I have a Display=
String of size 13..15, and I try to set a string of size 12 in it, my subag=
ent returns wrongLength error status, but EMANATE SNMP Daemon converts it t=
o commitFailed error. Infact I tried to send all the possible error values =
from my subagent, but EMANATE maps all the errors to commitFailed errors.

Do anyone have any idea about this issue. Please revert back if you anyone =
can suggest some way to proceed.

Thanks and Regards,
Nishant Jain

________________________________
"DISCLAIMER: This message is proprietary to Aricent and is intended solely =
for the use of the individual to whom it is addressed. It may contain privi=
leged or confidential information and should not be circulated or used for =
any purpose other than for what it is intended. If you have received this m=
essage in error,please notify the originator immediately. If you are not th=
e intended recipient, you are notified that you are strictly prohibited fro=
m using, copying, altering, or disclosing the contents of this message. Ari=
cent accepts no responsibility forloss or damage arising from the use of th=
e information transmitted by this email including damage from virus."

--_000_4E23C25C25B2A848A7E71742E9420B4303AD009597GUR EXMB01ASIA_

=3D"urn:schemas-micr=
osoft-comfficeffice" xmlns:w=3D"urn:schemas-microsoft-comffice:word" =

size:10.0pt;
font-family:Arial">Hi,>>

size:10.0pt;
font-family:Arial">>

size:10.0pt;
font-family:Arial">I have developed my SNMP Agent using EMANATE Sub-Agent D=
evelopment Kit version 16.1.0.10. I am facing some problem with it. I have =
developed the MIB using SMIv2
and I use SNMPv3 for communication. The problem is that on setting Display=
String type of MIB Objects to a String of size greater than or less than ra=
nge provided in MIB, I receive a commitFailed error even though my subagent=
is returning wrongLength error.
For example, if I have a DisplayString of size 13..15, and I try to set a =
string of size 12 in it, my subagent returns wrongLength error status, but =
EMANATE SNMP Daemon converts it to commitFailed error. Infact I tried to se=
nd all the possible error values
from my subagent, but EMANATE maps all the errors to commitFailed errors. =

size:10.0pt;
font-family:Arial">>

size:10.0pt;
font-family:Arial">Do anyone have any idea about this issue. Please revert =
back if you anyone can suggest some way to proceed.>>

size:10.0pt;
font-family:Arial">>

size:10.0pt;
font-family:Arial">Thanks and Regards,>>

size:10.0pt;
font-family:Arial">Nishant Jain>>

"DISCLAIMER: This messa=
ge is proprietary to Aricent and is intended solely for the use of the indi=
vidual to whom it is addressed. It may contain privileged or confidential i=
nformation and should not be circulated or
used for any purpose other than for what it is intended. If you have recei=
ved this message in error,please notify the originator immediately. If you =
are not the intended recipient, you are notified that you are strictly proh=
ibited from using, copying, altering,
or disclosing the contents of this message. Aricent accepts no responsibil=
ity forloss or damage arising from the use of the information transmitted b=
y this email including damage from virus."

--_000_4E23C25C25B2A848A7E71742E9420B4303AD009597GUR EXMB01ASIA_--

Use priority code J8TL2D2.