I am running a (5.4.1) master snmpd, connected to an AgentX subagent
that handles our MIBs.

In order to log changes made with snmp SET commands, I require the name
of the SNMPv3 user who issued the session -- the "securityName" given to
the -u option to snmpset on the client side.

Two part question: In what structure, or variable, within the master
snmpd can I get the name of the user? And has anyone extended the
AgentX protocol in order to pass this name to the subagent handler?

I've spent many hours in gdb (in both master and subagent), poking at
various netsnmp_session kind of variables. The name does not appear to
be saved in the session or request data structs.

Any pointers appreciated (pun intended). Thanks!

Rob Garcelon
Firmware Engineer
APCON, Inc.
www.apcon.com