OK

Thanks

-----Original Message-----
From: Wes Hardaker [mailto:hardaker@users.sourceforge.net]
Sent: Tuesday, April 29, 2008 11:38 AM
To: Bell, Adam
Cc: Wes Hardaker; net-snmp-coders@lists.sourceforge.net
Subject: Re: processing multiple varbinds as a blob

said:

AB> The problem I see is that the request->processed flag applied to the

AB> loop iteration "request" and each varbaind attached to it, so I can
AB> mark the request as processed but it does not directly impact the
AB> following requests in the list or the varbinds on those requests.
AB> Thus, the other varbinds that were just handled would be handled
again.

Ahh... missed something in there. I was thinking you were talking
about GET requests.

For SETs, there is a long standing issue of needing to deal with
checking individual values, acting on individual values and checking on
all values in combination (including both new and old) and then acting
on all values at once.

One way you can handle this is to actually put the for(request = ...)
loop inside a mode check. That way you can do:

case reserve2:
for(request = ...) {
check that each individual value is legal
}
check that the group as a whole is legal

case action
for(request = ...) {
maybe act on each value individually
}
put all the values into place as a group

In fact, it's this sort of fine-grained processing that made rstory
write the whole baby-steps helper...
--
Wes Hardaker
Sparta, Inc.