I have a configuration that is working great for keeping an eye on
general bandwidth for a server right now utilizing mrtg on the stats
host and net-snmp on the server that I'm watching stats on.. What I'd
like to be able to do is keep an eye on a couple of other things here,
but I haven't been able to find any good documentation on what I
need... Everything seems to go way beyond the simple addition I want
to do and jumps immediately into MIBs and particular OIDs for each
device.

As far as I can tell, what I need to do breaks down into the following
steps:
A) Ensure that my 'public' ACL specifies that I can view attributes of
the RealTek RTL8139 Ethernet interface. Although I know I need to do
this step, I don't know what this looks like in the ACL file. If I do
not have read access to these stats, I need to grant it through an
explicit rule.

B) Once SNMP serves the information I need to make sure that mrtg is
polling for these particular stats in the particular interface's .cfg
file. I have had a hard time finding documentation on this, also.

If anybody has information that could help me with either of the
steps, I would appreciate it. All that I basically want to do is make
a graph of ethernet interface errors, dropped packets, and unusual
txqueue length. Already have the bandwidth graph for this interface
configured fine as is usual out of the box.

Thanks for your time and help!

-D