I believe the OP is confusing "timeout" and "interval"[1]. SNMP uses a timeout strategy, which translates[2] to "give up after X seconds have elapsed from the start of query, but end as soon as an answer is received." This sets a *minimimum* rate of traversal. An interval mechanism would be "do not start the next query until at least X seconds have elapsed since the last query was started"[3], which sets a *maximum* rate of traversal.

The snmpwalk command does not have interval control.

HTH,

Mike

[1] Dave, you can stop reading here. ;-)

[2] This is only one of many interpretations, but the one most useful here.

[3] For cheap and/or bandwidth-paranoid implementations, "...since the last query completed".