[ First - *please* don't mail me privately, without copying
any responses to the mailing list. I don't have the time
or inclination to offer private, unpaid, SNMP consultancy.
Keep discussions to the list, where others can both learn
and offer advice. Thanks. ]

2008/4/28 JAW-Woei MAA :
> In our knowledge, timeout means the period of responsive time after we set
> the packet out.
> In reality, when we work it within the net-snmp, it wouldn't need the
> responsive time if it can find host.

I'm sorry - that still doesn't make much sense.

If you're running a command such as

snmpwalk -t 3 -r 0 -v 1 -c public localhost system

then this should time out after three seconds, if the agent doesn't respond.

If that's not what you are looking for, then you're going to have to give
a lot more detail about exactly what you are trying to do.

> If continually catch oid within the attach file, all library would crash as
> it go through the No.3926 oid.
> We have to restart the net-snmp before moving to the next step.

The snmpwalk output that you posted isn't a lot of help,
without the accompanying MIBs that describe it.
It's clear that the problem arises somewhere within your
private enterprise tree. But I can't tell whether
moxa.2.8.1.4.4.1.1.4
is the last column in this table, or not.

What do the following report:

snmpgetnext ..... .1.3.6.1.4.1.8691.2.8.1.4.5
snmpgetnext ..... .1.3.6.1.4.1.8691.2.8.1.5
snmpgetnext ..... .1.3.6.1.4.1.8691.2.9
snmpgetnext ..... .1.3.6.1.4.1.8692

?

That should at least indicate where you should be looking
for the source of the problem.

Dave