From: Dave Shield
To: Amit Kumar
Cc: net-snmp-coders@lists.sourceforge.net
Sent: Tuesday, 29 April, 2008 1:46:11 PM
Subject: Re: net-snmp-config on target....

2008/4/29 Amit Kumar :
>=A0 we have net-snmp-config script to create the snmpv3 users and user inf=

ormation (Authentication/Encryption)
> get stored in our persistent configuration file (/var/net-snmp/snmpd.conf=

).
>=A0 is this script is required in our target ....or our mib browser will t=

ake care of that based on the toolkit (net-snmp).

The SNMPv3 users need to be created in the /var/net-snmp/snmpd.conf
file that the
remote agent will be reading (i.e. on the target system, not on the
client side).

But this is simply a text file, which you can edit in any way you wish.
You don't have to use the net-snmp-config script to do this.

Once you've got initial SNMPv3 users configured, you can use command-line t=
ools
(such as snmpusm) to create new users remotely.=A0 But the first batch of S=
NMPv3
users will need to be created on the target system itself.

Dave

Don't miss this year's exciting event. There's still time to save $100. =

Use priority code J8TL2D2. =

http://ad.doubleclick.net/clk;198757....sun.com/java=
one