2008/4/29 Amit Kumar :
> we have net-snmp-config script to create the snmpv3 users and user information (Authentication/Encryption)
> get stored in our persistent configuration file (/var/net-snmp/snmpd.conf).
> is this script is required in our target ....or our mib browser will take care of that based on the toolkit (net-snmp).

The SNMPv3 users need to be created in the /var/net-snmp/snmpd.conf
file that the
remote agent will be reading (i.e. on the target system, not on the
client side).

But this is simply a text file, which you can edit in any way you wish.
You don't have to use the net-snmp-config script to do this.

Once you've got initial SNMPv3 users configured, you can use command-line tools
(such as snmpusm) to create new users remotely. But the first batch of SNMPv3
users will need to be created on the target system itself.

Use priority code J8TL2D2.
Net-snmp-coders mailing list