--===============2082618905==

------_=_NextPart_001_01C8A92A.5AFEFFD3

Hi all,
=20
I have a MIB that defines 3 tabular fields that must be processed as a
cohesive unit of data. For example IP, netmask, default gateway.
I am using net-snmp v5.2.4 and my tables use the iterate-access style of
coding.
=20
=20
I want to access the three vbs from a single request and set them to
"already processed" so they are not checked for validity again.
I am going to leave the set logic alone and each var can be set
individually, they are just checked as a group.
Clearly I could do nothing special and check the group 3 times, but I am
trying to be somewhat efficient.
=20
=20
I have been analyzing the data structures for=20
=20
netsnmp_request_info *request;
netsnmp_table_request_info *table_info;
netsnmp_variable_list *var;

The request data structure is all the incoming data given to the
processing handler. It seems to be a list of requests, each with
different lists of varbinds (although mostly common to each other). I
see that each varbind in the request in a multivarbind check or set is
listed under request->requestvb and that each subsequent request in the
submitted list removes a vb from the head of the requestvb list as the
check or set is processed. I first thought the request->processed flag
would do the trick but subsequent requests in the list could contain the
vbs I need to look at.

I also see the var->data and var->dataFreeHook() in the varbind
structure, I could use this to save some state info (like a boolean =
=3D=3D
TRUE) to prevent rechecking, and free it when the check routines are
complete.

My question is. Is there a better way to do this that fits in with the
architecture? Is there a way to set a vb as checked that is built in?

Thanks in advance,
Adam

=20

The information contained in this electronic mail transmission =

may be privileged and confidential, and therefore, protected =

from disclosure. If you have received this communication in =

error, please notify us immediately by replying to this =

message and deleting it from your computer without copying =

or disclosing it.

=0D
------_=_NextPart_001_01C8A92A.5AFEFFD3

charset=3Dus-ascii">

Hi=20
all,

class=3D012250412-28042008>

class=3D012250412-28042008>

I have =
a MIB that=20
defines 3 tabular fields that must be processed as a cohesive unit of=20
data.  For example IP, netmask, default =
gateway.

I am =
using net-snmp=20
v5.2.4 and my tables use the iterate-access style of =
coding.

class=3D012250412-28042008>

class=3D012250412-28042008>

I want =
to access the=20
three vbs from a single request and set them to "already processed" so =
they are=20
not checked for validity again.

I am =
going to leave=20
the set logic alone and each var can be set individually, they are just =
checked=20
as a group.

class=3D012250412-28042008>Clearly I could do=20
nothing special and check the group 3 times, but I am trying to be =
somewhat=20
efficient.

class=3D012250412-28042008>

class=3D012250412-28042008>

I have =
been=20
analyzing the data structures for

size=3D2> class=3D012250412-28042008>

size=3D2> class=3D012250412-28042008>netsnmp_request_info=20
*request;
size=3D2>netsnmp_table_request_info=20
*table_info;
netsnmp_variable_list =

*var;

The =
request data=20
structure is all the incoming data given to the processing handler. It =
seems to=20
be a list of requests, each with different lists of varbinds (although =
mostly=20
common to each other).   I see that each varbind in the=20
request in a multivarbind check or set is listed under=20
request->requestvb and that each subsequent=20
request in the submitted list removes a vb from the =
head of the=20
requestvb list as the check or set is processed.  =
I first=20
thought the request->processed flag would do the =
trick but=20
subsequent requests in the list could contain the vbs I =
need to=20
look at.

I also =
see the=20
var->data and =
var->dataFreeHook() in the=20
varbind structure, I could use this to save some state info (like a =
boolean=20
=3D=3D TRUE) to prevent rechecking, and free it when the check =
routines=20
are complete.

My =
question is. =20
Is there a better way to do this that fits in with the =
architecture?  Is=20
there a way to set a vb as checked that is built in?

Thanks =
in=20
advance,
face=3DArial=20
size=3D2>Adam

size=3D2>

The information contained in this electronic mail transmission =

may be privileged and confidential, and therefore, protected =

from disclosure. If you have received this communication in =

error, please notify us immediately by replying to this =

message and deleting it from your computer without copying =

or disclosing it.

=0D
------_=_NextPart_001_01C8A92A.5AFEFFD3--

Use priority code J8TL2D2.