Hi,

I have a script which starts up snmpd and then another process which talks to snmpd
I have traced the snmpd, and the parent process forks and exits before the socket is ready..

Is there a way that i can notify my process when snmpd is ready without arbitrarily sleeping for some time before starting up the second process?

Thank you..