> From: john decot [mailto:johndecot@yahoo.com]

> I want know the link status of each ethernet port. I would be grateful

to > learn how to generate OID for device through snmp

Assuming that your switch is up and running, and that you can ping its
management port successfully, and that you have the net-snmp tools
installed on a connected workstation, try the following command:

snmpwalk -c public -v 2c ifTable

This will give you a bunch of information, including the ifIndex for
each port on the device.

> and how to send trap information regarding link status.

This is a big subject. Suggest you Google "net-snmp linkUp" to get
started. But you can conceivably generate these traps with the proper
configuration entries in your snmpd.conf file.

Ron

The information contained in this message may be privileged and confidential and protected from disclosure. If the reader of this message is not the intended recipient, or an employee or agent responsible for delivering this message to the intended recipient, you are hereby notified that any dissemination, distribution or copying of this communication is strictly prohibited. If you have received this communication in error, please notify us immediately by replying to the message and deleting all copies. Thank you.