2008/4/25 Renju Mathew :
> I used net-snmp API 's wrote an snmpset function=85
> In the case of server (snmp-agent) down or unknown server , how can I che=

> the agent status, before I send the PDU ??

By sending a GET request?

> I'm getting the time out response from "snmp_synch_response" function. Is
> there any way to know it before I send data ??

Not really, no.
The only way to find out if the agent is up, is to send a query.

Whether this is your SET request, or a preliminary GET request
is totally up to you. But you're going to have to query it somehow.

This SF.net email is sponsored by the 2008 JavaOne(SM) Conference =

Don't miss this year's exciting event. There's still time to save $100. =

Use priority code J8TL2D2. =

Net-snmp-users mailing list