[ First - *please* don't mail me privately, without copying
any responses to the mailing list. I don't have the time
or inclination to offer private, unpaid, SNMP consultancy.
Keep discussions to the list, where others can both learn
and offer advice. Thanks. ]

2008/4/25 Diogo Oliveira :
> Dave... but forgeting about upgrade.... Have you heard or seen any kind of
> microcontroler/microprocessor that makes the conversion?

I've never heard of anything like that, no.

> Independently of
> the manufecturer/vendor. Is there somekind of equipment that can be plugged
> onto the device and make the conversion? thanks

All that springs to mind would be to set up a local system,
running the Net-SNMP agent (or similar SNMPv3-capable
system) and use this to proxy requests on to the network box.

That wouldn't gain you much, but it would at least localise
the community-based traffic to one particular segment of the
network. (At the cost of significantly increased complexity)

Use priority code J8TL2D2.
Net-snmp-users mailing list