From: dave.shield@googlemail.com [mailto:dave.shield@googlemail.com] On
Behalf Of Dave Shield
Sent: Thursday, April 24, 2008 7:23 PM
To: Sathasivam, Elayaraja
Cc: Net-snmp-users@lists.sourceforge.net
Subject: Re: How to uninstall

2008/4/24 Sathasivam, Elayaraja :
> 3) $ snmpwalk -v 1 -c public localhost versiontag
> Timeout: No Response from localhost

> Note: I have updated snmpd.conf file as " rocommunity public" in

the
> path /var/net-snmp/snmpd.conf.

No.
You do *not* touch this file.

The most likely location to use is probably /etc/snmp/snmpd.conf

But check by running
rpm -q -l net-snmp | grep snmpd.conf

Replace the snmpd.conf file that this reports with your

rocommunity public

version. (But *not* /var/net/snmpd.conf).

Dave

This message contains information that may be privileged or confidential and is the property of the Capgemini Group. It is
intended only for the person to whom it is addressed. If you are not the intended recipient, you are not authorized to
read, print, retain, copy, disseminate, distribute, or use this message or any part thereof. If you receive this message