Hi,
Thanks for all your support. I have installed the net-snmp, please
find the details as follows,

1)$ rpm -q -f `which snmpd`
Output: net-snmp-5.3.1-14.el5

2)$ ps -ef | grep snmp
Output:
root 7836 1 0 15:24 ? 00:00:00 /usr/sbin/snmpd -Lsd -Lf
/dev/null -p /var/run/snmpd -a
root 8200 5937 0 15:28 pts/4 00:00:00 grep snmp

3) $ snmpwalk -v 1 -c public localhost versiontag
Timeout: No Response from localhost
Note: I have updated snmpd.conf file as " rocommunity public" in the
path /var/net-snmp/snmpd.conf. But still I am getting as " Timeout: No
Response from localhost". What might be the wrong ????????????

Thanks & Regards,
ElayaRaja -----Original Message-----