Dave Shield wrote:
> On 17/04/2008, Brendan Simon wrote:
>
>> I have an net-snmp agent (5.2.2) that crashes (segfault) when sending a
>> sighup to the agent, followed by an snmp access (eg. snmpget).
>>
>> My colleague says it is something to do with registering and
>> unregistering the mibs and function pointers pointing to old memory
>> allocations, or something like that.
>>
>> Any help to solve this would be welcomed.
>>

> The first thing is to pinpoint exactly where the crash is happening,
> and what is causing it. Try running the agent under a debugger,
> and trigger the crash - what does a backtrace show? What does
> the code look like at the point where the agent crashed?
>
> See http://www.net-snmp.org/wiki/index.php/Debugger
> for details.

I believe it as to do with registering the MIBs more than once. My
colleague has been able to resolve this by unregistering the MIBs
"properly". I say properly because they were being unregistered but I
don't think it was being done the right way. At least the new way
certainly doesn't cause the crash.

Are there any detailed examples on how to unregister MIBS "properly" ???
I saw some quick tutorial for registering but I don't recall seeing much
info on the unregistering side of things. I will keep looking.

Thanks, Brendan.