--===============0534408019==

------=_Part_6498_30262220.1208561864346

Hi, I'm installing snmpd on a Debian 4.0 server. I installed it, modify its
snmpd.conf file,append my dlmods definitions and launched it using
/usr/sbin/snmpd. I tried to read some private mibs I developed from a remote
computer and everything seems to be working fine. However, when I launch
snmpd via the /etc/init.d/snmpd file I do not have remote access to my
tables and can only read them via localhost. I checked the snmpd file in
/etc/init.d and everything seems to be fine. Does anybody have an idea of
this strange behaviour? Im attaching part of y /etc/init.d/snmpd file (the
path to snmpd.conf file is correct)

test -x /usr/sbin/snmpd || exit 0
test -x /usr/sbin/snmptrapd || exit 0

# Defaults
export MIBDIRS=/usr/share/snmp/mibs
SNMPDRUN=yes
SNMPDOPTS='-Lsd -Lf /dev/null -p /var/run/snmpd.pid'
TRAPDRUN=no
TRAPDOPTS='-Lsd -p /var/run/snmptrapd.pid'

# Reads config file (will override defaults above)
[ -r /etc/default/snmpd ] && . /etc/default/snmpd

# Cd to / before starting any daemons.
cd /

case "$1" in
start)
echo -n "Starting network management services:"
if [ "$SNMPDRUN" = "yes" -a -f /etc/snmp/snmpd.conf ]; then
start-stop-daemon --quiet --start --exec /usr/sbin/snmpd \
-- $SNMPDOPTS
echo -n " snmpd"
fi
if [ "$TRAPDRUN" = "yes" -a -f /etc/snmp/snmptrapd.conf ]; then
start-stop-daemon --quiet --start --exec /usr/sbin/snmptrapd \
-- $TRAPDOPTS
echo -n " snmptrapd"
fi
echo "."
;;
stop)

Another question, I know its out of this mailing list scope, but I'm
planning to use opennms to display all the snmp data collected. Does anybody
have any comments about opennms in terms of performance, which version to
used, functionality, etc. I haven't use opennms before so any words will be
very helpful.

Thanks,

Alejandro

[...]

Use priority code J8TL2D2.