On 18/04/2008, Ron Rader wrote:
> We have a piece of hardware with two interfaces that do not use the
> regular Linux IP stack, and therefore do not natively populate ifTable.
> I need to generate linkUp/linkDown notifications on these interfaces and
> am trying to think of the best way to accomplish this.

I would suggest that you try asking this question on the #net-snmp IRC
channel. The main developer of the ipTable code (Robert) doesn't tend
to read this mailing list, but is usually fairly active on IRC.
I suspect you're most likely to get useful assistance there.

Use priority code J8TL2D2.
Net-snmp-users mailing list