--===============0453239817==

------=_Part_4821_1159564.1208534749615

Thank you, Dw. I will see if it works. I notice that embedded perl and
subagent are treated as mutually exclusive, so I will strip out the embedded
perl line from the snmpd.conf. Also, there appears to be no "pass.conf" so I
will omit that. I also notice that it talks about 5.3.1 and says
/var/agentx/master was the default; I could never get a socket in 5.4.1
until I added an explicit agentXSocket line to snmpd.conf.

Larry

On 4/18/08, Dirk-Willem van Gulik <dirkx@webweaving.org> wrote:

On Apr 18, 2008, at 4:25 PM, Larry Dickson wrote:

Thanks, Thomas. Our code (subagent) is 7860 lines long, so I think it would be better going in the other direction - to post me a working

..
> > Going on, I discovered man/snmpd.examples.5 suggested putting single

Just in case this helps http://www.webweaving.org/tmp/net-snmp follows those same instructions and can be ran both as a sub agent -and- inside the net-snmp daemon with the include *.pl functionality. I am using it with 5.4.1.

Dw

------=_Part_4821_1159564.1208534749615--

Use priority code J8TL2D2.