On 18/04/2008, Ron Rader wrote:
> I am having a little trouble distinguishing the effects
> of "with-mibs" from "with-mib-modules", though

--with-mibs
controls the list of MIB files that are hardcoded into the
library to be loaded automatically. It *only* affects
the translation of MIB object names to numeric OIDs.
It has no effect on what information is returned by the agent.

--wtth-mib-modules
controls the list of MIB implementation code files that
are compiled into the agent. It *does* affect what
information will be returned.

> > Instead, you can get the same effect by adding the line
> > config_add_mib( CIPHEROPTICS-CRYPTO-MIB )
> > to the file coCryptoMIBNotifications.h

> I can do this, but will the generated Makefiles still include all my
> MIB extension code?

Yes.
It will not change the behaviour of the agent at all.
It simply means that the library (and hence the agent)
will be able to recognise a fuller list of MIB object names,

Dave