On 18/04/2008, Thomas Anders wrote:
> I fully agree that's how it should work. But didn't the original poster say that
> just including "linkUpDownNotifications yes" in snmpd.conf triggered the
> ifOperStatus error?

Yes

> Am I missing something obvious?

linkUpDownNotifications is handled by parse_linkUpDown_traps()
(in disman/event/mteTriggerConf.c). This includes:

parse_mteMonitor("monitor",
"-r 60 -S -e _linkUp \"linkUp\" ifOperStatus != 2");
parse_mteMonitor("monitor",
"-r 60 -S -e _linkDown \"linkDown\" ifOperStatus == 2");

Replacing 'ifOperStatus' with the equivalent numeric OID should
fix this.

I'm not currently geared up for N/S compilation, so if you could
check this, I'd be grateful

Thanks

Dave