On 17/04/2008, Brendan Simon wrote:
> I have an net-snmp agent (5.2.2) that crashes (segfault) when sending a
> sighup to the agent, followed by an snmp access (eg. snmpget).

> My colleague says it is something to do with registering and
> unregistering the mibs and function pointers pointing to old memory
> allocations, or something like that.
>
> Any help to solve this would be welcomed.

The first thing is to pinpoint exactly where the crash is happening,
and what is causing it. Try running the agent under a debugger,
and trigger the crash - what does a backtrace show? What does
the code look like at the point where the agent crashed?

See http://www.net-snmp.org/wiki/index.php/Debugger
for details.

Dave