I have a working 5.4.1 agent and need to convince it to generate
linkUp/linkDown notifications. When I try to add the appropriate
directives to snmpd.conf and restart the agent, I get the following
errors:

trigger OID: ifOperStatus
/usr/local/share/snmp/snmpd.conf: line 17: Error: unknown monitor OID
trigger OID: ifOperStatus
/usr/local/share/snmp/snmpd.conf: line 17: Error: unknown monitor OID
net-snmp: 2 error(s) in config file(s)

Executing "snmpd -Dmib_init -H" reveals that ifTable is being loaded
twice, which seems weird but ifOperStatus should definitely be included
in net-snmp's standard set of MIBs.

Can anyone point me in the right direction to figure out what is
wrong?

I include all the pertinent background information I can think of
below.

Thanks in advance,

Ron

[snmpd.conf]

trapcommunity public
sysLocation server room
sysContact dunbugme@goaway.net
sysName CEP100
rocommunity public
rwcommunity private
trap2sink 192.168.1.145
trap2sink 10.10.10.1
trap2sink 10.10.10.2

rouser cep
agentSecName cep
linkUpDownNotifications yes
authtrapenable 1

[agent's ./configure options:]

net-snmp-config --configure-options
'--with-default-snmp-version=2'
'--with-sys-contact= '
'--with-sys-location= '
'--with-logfile=/var/log/snmpd.log'
'--with-persistent-directory=/var/net-snmp'
'--with-mibs=CIPHEROPTICS-CRYPTO-MIB:'
'--with-mib-modules=coCryptoMIBNotifications'
'--disable-embedded-perl'
'--without-perl-modules'
'--with-endianness=big'
'--target=mips-linux'
'--host=mips-linux'
'host_alias=mips-linux'
'target_alias=mips-linux'

[output from "snmpd -Dmib_init -I -smux -H":]

No log handling enabled - turning on stderr logging
registered debug token mib_init, 1
netsnmp_assert !"registration != duplicate" failed agent_registry.c:535
netsnmp_subtree_load()
netsnmp_assert !"registration != duplicate" failed agent_registry.c:535
netsnmp_subtree_load()
netsnmp_assert !"registration != duplicate" failed agent_registry.c:535
netsnmp_subtree_load()
mib_init: initializing: usmConf
mib_init: initializing: iquery
mib_init: initializing: vacm_conf
mib_init: initializing: coCryptoMIBNotifications
mib_init: initializing: snmpEngine
mib_init: initializing: snmpMPDStats
mib_init: initializing: usmStats
mib_init: initializing: usmUser
mib_init: initializing: system_mib
mib_init: initializing: sysORTable
mib_init: initializing: at
mib_init: initializing: ip
mib_init: initializing: snmp_mib
mib_init: initializing: tcp
mib_init: initializing: icmp
mib_init: initializing: udp
mib_init: initializing: vacm_vars
mib_init: initializing: setSerialNo
mib_init: initializing: proc
mib_init: initializing: versioninfo
mib_init: initializing: pass
mib_init: initializing: pass_persist
mib_init: initializing: disk
mib_init: initializing: loadave
mib_init: initializing: extend
mib_init: initializing: errormib
mib_init: initializing: file
mib_init: initializing: dlmod
mib_init: initializing: proxy
mib_init: initializing: logmatch
mib_init: initializing: memory
mib_init: initializing: vmstat
mib_init: initializing: snmpNotifyTable
mib_init: initializing: snmpNotifyFilterProfileTable
mib_init: initializing: notification_log
mib_init: initializing: snmpTargetAddrEntry
mib_init: initializing: snmpTargetParamsEntry
mib_init: initializing: target_counters
mib_init: initializing: nsTransactionTable
mib_init: initializing: nsModuleTable
mib_init: initializing: nsDebug
mib_init: initializing: nsCache
mib_init: initializing: nsLogging
mib_init: initializing: nsVacmAccessTable
mib_init: initializing: mteScalars
mib_init: initializing: mteTrigger
mib_init: initializing: mteTriggerTable
mib_init: initializing: mteTriggerDeltaTable
mib_init: initializing: mteTriggerExistenceTable
mib_init: initializing: mteTriggerBooleanTable
mib_init: initializing: mteTriggerThresholdTable
mib_init: initializing: mteTriggerConf
mib_init: initializing: mteEvent
mib_init: initializing: mteEventTable
mib_init: initializing: mteEventSetTable
mib_init: initializing: mteEventNotificationTable
mib_init: initializing: mteEventConf
mib_init: initializing: mteObjects
mib_init: initializing: mteObjectsTable
mib_init: initializing: mteObjectsConf
mib_init: initializing: schedCore
mib_init: initializing: schedConf
mib_init: initializing: schedTable
mib_init: initializing: override
mib_init: initializing: hr_system
mib_init: initializing: hr_storage
mib_init: initializing: hr_device
mib_init: initializing: hr_other
mib_init: initializing: hr_proc
mib_init: initializing: hr_network
mib_init: initializing: hr_print
mib_init: initializing: hr_disk
mib_init: initializing: hr_partition
mib_init: initializing: hr_filesys
mib_init: initializing: hr_swrun
mib_init: initializing: hr_swinst
mib_init: initializing: var_route
mib_init: initializing: tcpTable
mib_init: initializing: udpTable
mib_init: initializing: vacm_context
mib_init: initializing: ip_scalars
mib_init: initializing: snmpNotifyFilterTable
mib_init: initializing: snmpNotifyFilterTable
mib_init: initializing: ifTable
mib_init: initializing: ifTable
mib_init: initializing: ifXTable
mib_init: initializing: ifXTable
mib_init: initializing: ipAddressTable
mib_init: initializing: ipAddressTable
mib_init: initializing: inetNetToMediaTable
mib_init: initializing: inetNetToMediaTable
mib_init: initializing: ipSystemStatsTable
mib_init: initializing: ipSystemStatsTable
mib_init: initializing: ipCidrRouteTable
mib_init: initializing: ipCidrRouteTable
mib_init: initializing: inetCidrRouteTable
mib_init: initializing: inetCidrRouteTable
mib_init: initializing: tcpConnectionTable
mib_init: initializing: tcpConnectionTable
mib_init: initializing: tcpListenerTable
mib_init: initializing: tcpListenerTable
mib_init: initializing: udpEndpointTable
mib_init: initializing: udpEndpointTable
mib_init: initializing: hw_mem
mib_init: initializing: cpu
mib_init: initializing: cpu_linux
mib_init: initializing: interface
trigger OID: ifOperStatus
/usr/local/share/snmp/snmpd.conf: line 17: Error: unknown monitor OID
trigger OID: ifOperStatus
/usr/local/share/snmp/snmpd.conf: line 17: Error: unknown monitor OID
net-snmp: 2 error(s) in config file(s)

The information contained in this message may be privileged and confidential and protected from disclosure. If the reader of this message is not the intended recipient, or an employee or agent responsible for delivering this message to the intended recipient, you are hereby notified that any dissemination, distribution or copying of this communication is strictly prohibited. If you have received this communication in error, please notify us immediately by replying to the message and deleting all copies. Thank you.