I am observing, in my snmpwalk output, that a number of variables that
the SNMPv2-MIB has defined as obsolete are being displayed. I originally
thought that this was a fault of my release (5.3.0.1) but on inspecting
the code for the 5.4.1 release, I see the same code to enable the
variables (eg. snmpOutPkts).
Is this retention of the old MIB variables intentional, or will they be
removed in a later release?