From: [] On
Behalf Of Dave Shield
Sent: 17 April 2008 10:30
To: Williams, Gareth (FN) @ TRL
Subject: Re: SNMPv3 privacy: what am I doing wrong?

On 17/04/2008,
> > snmpgetnext -V

> NET-SNMP version: 5.4.1

OK. It was worth a try.

> If there was no SSL compiled in then (I read) MD5 would work, but not

Yes - that's right.

> However both work (in authNoPriv mode).

OK - one last suggestion, and then I'll leave you to the Windows

Try running the (authPriv) command with the '-d' flag.
This will dump the raw contents of any SNMP requests that are

The command will still fail, but what does it display?

This email is sponsored by the 2008 JavaOne(SM) Conference
Use priority code J8TL2D2.;
Net-snmp-users mailing list