On 17/04/2008, gareth.williams@l-3com.com wrote:
> > snmpgetnext -V

> NET-SNMP version: 5.4.1

OK. It was worth a try.

> If there was no SSL compiled in then (I read) MD5 would work, but not SHA.

Yes - that's right.

> However both work (in authNoPriv mode).

OK - one last suggestion, and then I'll leave you to the Windows experts.

Try running the (authPriv) command with the '-d' flag.
This will dump the raw contents of any SNMP requests that are sent/received.

The command will still fail, but what does it display?

Use priority code J8TL2D2.
Net-snmp-users mailing list