On 16/04/2008, Larry Dickson wrote:
> the next three are after I took out the "perl
> do" line, which I do not understand the need of

What is in this file?
It certainly sounds as if it might be relevant to subagent processing?

Try renaming the file to be /etc/edgeware_subagent.pl
(and tweak the snmpd.conf file accordingly).
That should keep the perl interpreter happy.

> There is nowhere any hint that the agent has learned about our subtree
> (22782), even though we call "my $regoid = new
> NetSNMP::OID('.1.3.6.1.4.1.22782')" and later register the subagent.

Try running the (master) agent with '-Dagentx'
What does that display?

Dave