> From: Dave Shield [mailto.T.Shield@liverpool.ac.uk]

> > The snmptrap command requires hardcoded OIDs and does not seem as
> > useful as, say "send_v2trap()" .

> Eh?
> The snmptrap command takes everything from the command line.
> The only "hardcoded" OIDs are snmpTrapOID and sysUpTime,
> which are part of the basic protocol specs.

Poor choice of terms on my part. By "hardcoded" I meant "every piece
of information has to be included within every snmptrap command."

IOW, it offers no hope of abstraction along the lines of
"send_RonsEnterpriseTrap(varbind)."

Moot point, since I resorted to what I deem a colossal kludge to get
our business logic talking to my MIB extension in the agent (use a text
file to communicate requested traps). Works, but is embarrassingly
ugly.

Good thing I'm in the habit of commenting liberally,

Ron

The information contained in this message may be privileged and confidential and protected from disclosure. If the reader of this message is not the intended recipient, or an employee or agent responsible for delivering this message to the intended recipient, you are hereby notified that any dissemination, distribution or copying of this communication is strictly prohibited. If you have received this communication in error, please notify us immediately by replying to the message and deleting all copies. Thank you.