Anyone using Tnm/Scotty from TCL? - SNMP

This is a discussion on Anyone using Tnm/Scotty from TCL? - SNMP ; Hello, Am using tnm 3.0.0 from TCL (8.4) on Windows platforms. When loading several MIBs, we are getting parse errors, but the mib load does not provide any clues as to the cause of the errors. I've run the smilint ...

  1. Anyone using Tnm/Scotty from TCL?

    Hello,
    Am using tnm 3.0.0 from TCL (8.4) on Windows platforms.
    When loading several MIBs, we are getting parse errors, but the mib
    load does not provide any clues as to the cause of the errors.

    I've run the smilint tool also, but it doesn't help much in this case.

    Is there a way to determine the cause of the parse errors when loading
    MIBs?

    What should I watch out for?

    Note that the majority of MIBs are loading fine.

    THANKS!!

  2. Re: Anyone using Tnm/Scotty from TCL?

    Hi,

    mib parsing is an old known problem using scotty, at least in 2.x
    versions we only used. We were able to workaround by avoiding double
    parsing (take care of auto loaded standard mibs by scotty) and the own
    mib set (e.g. avoid the re-parsing of the same standard mibs).

    In any other cases we replaced often the textual convention by the real
    syntax type to solve our parsing problem. It was a bad if the mibs had
    changed very often, but we were always able to overcome parsing
    difficulties.

    We used scotty 2.1.11 a long time without other problems, but finally we
    moved to mibsmithy SDK from www.muonics.com due to missing v3 features.
    The support given by Michael Kirkham was very good an so it was possible
    to migrate our big test script base using a thin adaption layer very fast.

    Don't you get any error report pointing to a specific mib object ?

    BR,
    Torsten

    ap schrieb:
    > Hello,
    > Am using tnm 3.0.0 from TCL (8.4) on Windows platforms.
    > When loading several MIBs, we are getting parse errors, but the mib
    > load does not provide any clues as to the cause of the errors.
    >
    > I've run the smilint tool also, but it doesn't help much in this case.
    >
    > Is there a way to determine the cause of the parse errors when loading
    > MIBs?
    >
    > What should I watch out for?
    >
    > Note that the majority of MIBs are loading fine.
    >
    > THANKS!!

+ Reply to Thread