--===============1506064470==

------=_Part_19383_28919141.1206546674809

2008/3/26, Dave Shield :

> On 26/03/2008, snmp girl wrote:
> > snmpwalk -c public -v1 localhost .1.3.6.1.4.1.311.1.4.1.1.5.1.2
> > and I get all the database name's

> > now I want to generate a trap if I use more than 6 Mo in ceatin

> databases.
>
> What other information does this MIB provide?
> Is there an object that reports the size of each database?

yes , I used the mib browser , and I can use all the mssql tables with their
oid and also with its details ( what's are for)

> I don't know how to create the event that make the trap send to the
> manager.
>
> Before thinking in terms of automated management,
> the first thing is to become familiar with the information
> that this MIB is reporting, and what it means.
>
> Once you know what you need to monitor, then it'll be
> possible to assist you with generating traps, etc.
> But you need to work out what this information actually means first.

I want to monitor the use of the hard disk space , I want to specify for
example a 6MO as a limit and if some one want to use more , it's generate a
trap

Dav

2008/3/26, Dave Shield <.T.Shield@liverpool.ac.uk">D.T.Shield@liverpool.ac.uk>:
On 26/03/2008, snmp girl <snmp.girl@gmail.com> wrote:
> snmpwalk -c public -v1 localhost .1.3.6.1.4.1.311.1.4.1.1.5.1.2

> and I get all the database name's

> now I want to generate a trap if I use more than 6 Mo in ceatin databases.

What other information does this MIB provide?
Is there an object that reports the size of each database?

yes , I used the mib browser , and I can use all the mssql tables with their oid and also with its details ( what's are for)

> I don't know how to create the event that make the trap send to the manager.

Before thinking in terms of automated management,

the first thing is to become familiar with the information
that this MIB is reporting, and what it means.

Once you know what you need to monitor, then it'll be
possible to assist you with generating traps, etc.

But you need to work out what this information actually means first.

I want to monitor the use of the hard disk space , I want to specify for example a 6MO as a limit and if some one want to use more , it's generate a trap

Dav

------=_Part_19383_28919141.1206546674809--

just about anything Open Source.
http://ad.doubleclick.net/clk;164216...et/marketplace