From: Roy M. Silvernail []
Sent: Wednesday, March 26, 2008 6:28 PM
To: Singh Rajendra (WT01 - TES-Enterprise Networks)
Subject: Re: Community string field in netsnmp-session structure

On Wed, Mar 26, 2008 at 05:57:54PM +0530,
> Hi all,
> I am calling snmp_open(&session) in a C++ function. Before passing
> session variable to snmp_open I have initialized it properly with the
> value of peer name , version , community string. But if I print it
> inside snmp_open() I am getting NULL for community string field but
> for others ie version and peername I am getting the proper value. Can
> you please think of something which I might be doing incorrectly ?
> Thank you for your valuable time.

Did you remember to set the session.community_len member to the length
of the community string?
Roy M. Silvernail is, and you're not
"A desperate disease requires a dangerous remedy."
- Guy Fawkes

Check out the new Marketplace.
just about anything Open Source.;
Net-snmp-coders mailing list