On 20/03/2008, Joan Landry wrote:
> When I run ./example_demo& I get the
> following errors and I am not able to do a get on the object in the mib.
>
> netsnmp_assert !"registration != duplicate" failed
> agent_registry.c:535 netsnmp_subtree_load()
> netsnmp_assert !"registration != duplicate" failed
> agent_registry.c:535 netsnmp_subtree_load()
> netsnmp_assert !"registration != duplicate" failed
> agent_registry.c:535 netsnmp_subtree_load()

Those three are normal, and shouldn't be causing a problem
You might want to apply Official Patch #1805971 to suppress
these messages.

> NET-SNMP version 5.4.1
> AgentX subagent connected
> registering pdu failed: 263!

That one is more worrying.
It looks as if the registration of your subagent has failed.

Try running the master agent using
snmpd -f -Le -Ddump

and start your subagent application.
Look through the debug output from the master agent.

What does the registration request/response dumps
look like?

Dave