--===============1944502897==

I am using Net-SNMP version 5.4.1

The master agent already implements the Host Resources MIB to provide information relating to each of the disk drives which exist on the system.   Each disk drive is assigned a specific table index within the Host Resources table of course.

Now, I have a new MIB file which defines a table to provide the current temperature of each associated disk drive on the system.  Instead of each disk drive being assigned their own specific table index, the index used for this new MIB termperature table should match the table index used by the host resources MIB file.  Basically, if the Host Resources MIB finds three disk drives on the system and assigns indices 121, 131 and 151 to these disk drives, then my temperature table should also use the same indices (121,131 and 151) in it's table to store the associated
temperatures of each disk drive as well.

Currently, each MIB table my company supports is handled by a subagent only.  As a result, I believe the subagent only interacts with the master agent via an internal socket connection thus the subagent does not directly call any master agent routines to get information.   So I was wondering if there was a way for a subagent to obtain which disk drive indices were already assigned by the master agent Host Resources MIB logic easily.  We would rather not have to update the master agent Host Resources MIB logic itself, since we have not altered the master agent code yet since we are trying to keep all of our company-specific MIB functionality inside subagents only.  As a result, I am not sure what the best way is to get these indices from the master agent or whether these indices can be done at all.

What would be the best way to get these Hsot Resources MIB indices so I can
use them in our new temperature MIB table?

Looking for last minute shopping deals?
Find them fast with Yahoo! Search.