--===============1574958728==

------=_Part_3640_27249306.1206341684628

Hi All,
If I want to recompile my mib pranesh-MIB, what the .h
contents should be ??

I went through some sample .h files , It contains config_require lines.
Can some one explain me about this

Pranesh

On Thu, Mar 20, 2008 at 7:01 PM, Ron Rader
wrote:

> From: Pranesh Kulkarni [mailtoraneshvk@gmail.com]
>
> > Yeah I am able to get the traps from the agent for the
> > "examples/notification" . Thanks Ron

> That at least proves that your agent is working correctly.
>
> > To get the traps from the my MIB , should I recompile the snmpd with my
> > mib .. And where should I have source code to send the my traps.

> Yes, you have to rebuild everything using --with-mib-modules=" > MIB>" after putting your .h and .c into agent/mibgroup.
> Follow examples/notification.c as a guide.
>
> Who knows something about linking snmpd as a shared library? I think I
> have to do this in order to expose my private MIB traps to the rest of the
> system.
>
> Ron
>

> The information contained in this message may be privileged and
> confidential and protected from disclosure. If the reader of this message is
> not the intended recipient, or an employee or agent responsible for
> delivering this message to the intended recipient, you are hereby notified
> that any dissemination, distribution or copying of this communication is
> please notify us immediately by replying to the message and deleting all
> copies. Thank you.

------=_Part_3640_27249306.1206341684628

Hi All,
  If I want to recompile my mib pranesh-MIB,  what the <pranesh-MIB>.h contents should be ??

From: Pranesh Kulkarni [mailto:raneshvk@gmail.com">praneshvk@gmail.com]

> Yeah I am able to get the traps from the agent for the

> "examples/notification" . Thanks Ron

 That at least proves that your agent is working correctly.

> To get the traps from the my MIB , should I recompile the snmpd with my

> mib .. And where should I have source code to send the my  traps.

 Yes, you have to rebuild everything using --with-mib-modules="<pranesh's MIB>" after putting your <pranesh's MIB>.h and .c into agent/mibgroup.  Follow examples/notification.c as a guide.

 Who knows something about linking snmpd as a shared library?  I think I have to do this in order to expose my private MIB traps to the rest of the system.

 Ron

The information contained in this message may be privileged and confidential and protected from disclosure. If the reader of this message is not the intended recipient, or an employee or agent responsible for delivering this message to the intended recipient, you are hereby notified that any dissemination, distribution or copying of this communication is strictly prohibited. If you have received this communication in error, please notify us immediately by replying to the message and deleting all copies. Thank you.

------=_Part_3640_27249306.1206341684628--