Isaac Eliassi wrote:
> Hi
> I am creating an agent and I noticed that when I run it as root everything seems to be ok,
> When I execute it as another user I get the following error :
>
> Error opening specified endpoint ""
> Server Exiting with code 1

In Linix/Unix, ports below 1024 are considered "privileged" ports, and
only root is allowed to bind to them. The snmpd.conf file offers the
agentuser and agentgroup options to specify the user and group to assume
after binding to the listening port. The agent must still be started as
root to allow binding to a privileged port.
--
Roy M. Silvernail is roy@rant-central.com, and you're not
"It's just this little chromium switch, here." - TFT