--===============1655343474==

------_=_NextPart_001_01C88A8A.2971D7B6

I have spent the last two days trying to get the
NET-SNMP-TUTORIAL-MIB.txt subagent tutorial to work.=20

I have followed all the instructions. When I run ./example_demo& I get
the following errors and I am not able to do a get on the object in the
mib.

netsnmp_assert !"registration !=3D duplicate" failed =
agent_registry.c:535
netsnmp_subtree_load() netsnmp_assert !"registration !=3D duplicate"
failed agent_registry.c:535 netsnmp_subtree_load() netsnmp_assert
!"registration !=3D duplicate" failed agent_registry.c:535
netsnmp_subtree_load() NET-SNMP version 5.4.1 AgentX subagent connected
registering pdu failed: 263!

example-demon is up and running.

It looks like the subagent is connecting to the master agent - but the
master agent is not calling the subagent to handle
nstAgentSubagentObject. An snmp get on this object returns no such
object.

I have tried numerous things - including creating another scalar mib
object and using mib2c to generate Scalar subagent code for it compiling
it with example-demon.c and I get the same error as the tutorial - and
also I get no susch object when doing a get.=20

I have searched through the web pages and have not been able to find any
answer to what could possibly be wrong.

If you could point me in a direction that would help me to get a
subagent to work - I would be forever grateful!

Thanks,

Joan Landry=20

------_=_NextPart_001_01C88A8A.2971D7B6

charset=3Dus-ascii">

class=3D312470413-20032008>I have spent the last two days =
trying to=20
get the NET-SNMP-TUTORIAL-MIB.txt subagent tutorial to =
work.

I have followed all the instructions. =
When I run=20
../example_demo& I get the following errors and I am not able to do a =
get on=20
the object in the mib.

netsnmp_assert !"registration !=3D =
duplicate" failed=20
agent_registry.c:535 netsnmp_subtree_load() netsnmp_assert =
!"registration !=3D=20
duplicate" failed agent_registry.c:535 netsnmp_subtree_load() =
netsnmp_assert=20
!"registration !=3D duplicate" failed agent_registry.c:535 =
netsnmp_subtree_load()=20
NET-SNMP version 5.4.1 AgentX subagent connected registering pdu failed: =

263!

example-demon is up and =
running.

It looks like the subagent is connecting =
to the=20
master agent - but the master agent is not calling the subagent to =
handle=20
nstAgentSubagentObject. An snmp get on this object returns no such=20
object.

I have tried numerous things - including =
creating=20
another scalar mib object and using mib2c to generate Scalar subagent =
code for=20
it compiling it with example-demon.c and I get the same error as the =
tutorial -=20
and also I get no susch object when doing a get.

I have searched through the web pages and =
have not=20
been able to find any answer to what could possibly be wrong.

If you could point me in a direction that =
would help=20