--===============0254506848==

------=_Part_18060_17083308.1205991024076

I recompiled the snmpd with --with-mib-modules="examples/notification" ..
How to send the traps from the agent now ??

On Wed, Mar 19, 2008 at 6:52 PM, Ron Rader <ron.rader@cipheroptics.com> wrote:

> From: Pranesh Kulkarni [mailto:raneshvk@gmail.com">praneshvk@gmail.com]

>    After modifying the .c file, where should I integrate so that I can send the trap ?

 I'd like to add a "me too" to Pranesh's request.  In my case, I have generated our private MIB notification code templates, and filled them in with placeholder data.  I was also able to set up an alarm to test trap generation _exclusively within the agent_.  All that stuff works fine.

 My question is:  does the generated header then become accessible as a "public" API for the SNMP agent?  I would really like to generate these traps from our C++ business logic.  Haven't developed the latter to the point where I can test this out yet, although adding "extern "C" { ... }" allows compilation.

 [Pranesh, try recompiling snmpd with --with-mib-modules="examples/notification" and follow the guidelines in agent/mibgroup/examples/notification.c for your own MIBs.]

 Many thanks,

 Ron

The information contained in this message may be privileged and confidential and protected from disclosure. If the reader of this message is not the intended recipient, or an employee or agent responsible for delivering this message to the intended recipient, you are hereby notified that any dissemination, distribution or copying of this communication is strictly prohibited. If you have received this communication in error, please notify us immediately by replying to the message and deleting all copies. Thank you.

------=_Part_18060_17083308.1205991024076--