There is a generic OID for databases that can be used.

1.3.6.1.2.1.39

Or you can use the vendor OIDs.

However, I believe both have to be implented by the database vendor.

I now have it working on Oracle (as of last week). To get it working I
had to start the Oracle Master Agent. This provide access to the
1.3.6.1.2.1.39 OID and other OIDs were accessed using the sub agent.
(Solaris or Net-SNMP).

I am guessing here, but to get the same on MS SQL I would think MS would
have to supply an agent to install. If the vendor states their database
supports snmp then there should be an agent available. I haven't looked
for one yet.

I don't see any claimed support for snmp from MySQL. The only things I
do see are perl scripts to get the data which then gets passed using
snmp. These are written by others.

No clues yet on DB2, Postgress etc.