--===============1965763766==

--0-126996716-1205493164=:11079

Hi Dave,
I did some modification to fix local IP address as explicitly.

I bind the agent address with port number in netsnmp_udp_transport(struct sockaddr_in *addr, int local) function.

when i send the Trap to manager, manager can identify the port, which i fixed. I could able to send the ping msg periodically without error.

But i have some problem, when i use get/set cmd from Manager.

when the manager send a Get Request, the agent is receiving the cmd with same Sock Id ( In my case 7 which is used Trap from agent). Its receiving full buf ( Just i verified the buf length).

its giving session version is V2c and Pdu cmd is 160.

The manager always is receiving Timeout Error. I do not know in where is the mistake.

I believe, once we fix the port number with local ip addr using bind system call, it wont change until close the socket. I found that close socket is called, when the snmpd is close.

Give me some idea, how to proceed next. I'm unable to trace out, after finish the _sess_process_packet(void *sessp, netsnmp_session * sp, ....) function.

Please give some idea....

Thanks
Raju

Dave Shield wrote:
On 12/03/2008, Nagaraju Surulivel wrote:
> The source port number is chosing as random. But i must set as explictily as
> 161 (In my case its important). Please give me some information.

I don't believe it is possible to set the source port.

Dave

---------------------------------

Dave Shield <D.T.Shield@liverpool.ac.uk> wrote:
On 12/03/2008, Nagaraju Surulivel wrote:
> The source port number is chosing as random. But i must set as explictily as
> 161 (In my case its important). Please give me some information.

I don't believe it is possible to set the source
port.

Dave

Looking for last minute shopping deals?
Find them fast with Yahoo! Search.