--===============0289676905==

------=_Part_13407_8674927.1205417691731

Hi,

Can you please help me on the SNMPV3 informs processing and the
usmKeyChange functionalities together.

Our agent in order to send a SNMPv3 inform will persist the auth and priv
passwords(as encrypted) in the agent configuration files. Whenever the agent
is restarted, the keys will be constructed new with the passwords available
in the conf files.

Now when the manager performs the keyChange operation, a new key will be
created with the given password and the keys will be updated in the
configuration files. But the password will not be updated.

If the agent is restarted, as mentioned earlier, the keys will be recreated
with the old passwords.

The questions are,

1. When the agent is restarted, is it right to get the password from the key
provided we know the engineID.
2. Or in the keyChange manager application, is it right to send the password
and get updated in the configuration files.

The idea is we require the latest password.

Pls. clarify me.

Thanks,
Dev.