--===============1405930248==

------_=_NextPart_001_01C8846B.8FCA48A8

Hey Everyone,

I am sorry for the empty email earlier...this MS Outlook is a piece of =
crap.

Anyways...

I just downloaded the latest version of NetSNMP (5.4.1) and successfully =
installed it with a fresh install of Debian Etch. Here are the steps I =
took:

* ./configure --with-perl-modules --with-python-modules
- chose the default config settings when asked.
* make
* sudo make install

Now the problems I am facing are:

1. I try to look for the net-snmp man pages by running man -k snmp but =
all I get are:
=20
cups-snmp.conf (5) - snmp configuration file for cups
snmp.conf (5) [cups-snmp.conf] - snmp configuration file for cups
=20
* Shouldn't I be getting the entire listing such as snmpget, snmpwalk, =
etc.? Accessing these individually by man snmpget works fine.

2. I launch python and run import netsnmp. I get the following error:

Traceback (most recent call last):
File "", line 1, in ?
File "build/bdist.linux-i686/egg/netsnmp/__init__.py", line 1, in ?
File "build/bdist.linux-i686/egg/netsnmp/client.py", line 1, in ?
File "build/bdist.linux-i686/egg/netsnmp/client_intf.py", line 7, in =
?
File "build/bdist.linux-i686/egg/netsnmp/client_intf.py", line 6, in =
__bootstrap__
ImportError: libnetsnmp.so.15: cannot open shared object file: No such =
file or directory

* I searched the mailing lists and added "include /usr/local/lib" to =
/etc/ld.so.conf and ran "sudo ldconfig -v". Still no luck, I get the =
same problem as above.

Those are the two main issues I am facing. Any help is appreciated.

Thanks!
Amit

------_=_NextPart_001_01C8846B.8FCA48A8

charset=3Diso-8859-1">
6.5.7638.1">
Problems With NetSNMP 5.4.1 and Fresh Debian Etch Install

[...]

   File "<stdin>", line 1, in ?